Find out if you are a resilient person, in sport and in life.
The same in psychological field: the resilient person is the opposite of an easily vulnerable one.
Resilience is the ability to move forward despite difficulties, to persist, as metal does.
It is not just about resisting, but literally GETTING BACK on a capsized boat or, at least, this is what the Latins meant (from the verb "resalio").
Perhaps the name of the quality of those who rise from difficulties, fighting against adversity, the resilience, comes from here.
CHARACTERISTICS OF A RESILIENT PERSON:
* is optimistic and tends to "read" negative events as temporary and limited
* thinks to have a wide margin of control over life and over the environment around
* is strongly motivated to achieve the goals set
* tends to see changes as a challenge and as an opportunity, rather than as a threat
* does not lose hope, in the face of defeats and frustrations.
If you answered no, do not despair, because the latest research from the University of Yale give us a whole new perspective on resilience.
We talk about it in the articles of this month, dedicated to resilience.